Sunday, September 12, 2010

I'm Alive...

5 months....

WOW! I didn't even realize how long it had been since I last posted. Time has LITERALLY flown by. I feel like just yesterday I was preparing for summer, and now it's fall and things are going absolutely crazy. August was supposed to be my "down month". If you could only hear how hysterically I'm laughing at the idea of it being a "down month" right now.

Summer was AMAZING!! It went by so fast, but it was soooo good. We had so many kids come to our programs, we ran 3 weeks of VBS camp, took two sets of kids to an overnight camp in the Springs, had a Wii tournament, and did so much more. Several of our kids committed or rededicated their lives to Christ at camps and our Summer Festival. I got the opportunity to sit and talk with a few of them through out the summer about their decisions and what God was doing in their lives. I can remember writing a few years ago that if I could find a job just sitting and listening to kids and teens talk about their lives I would be content. I get to do this now and I can't tell you what it does to me! I LOVE it!!! They make up some of my favorite days and make the jobs I hate doing so worth it!

We've officially kicked off our fall programming and are gearing up for the holidays, and yes I'm aware it's only September. It takes so much planning to pull off the holiday events, you can't even imagine how much goes into it. I'm still running the Wednesday night programming, and we have a lot more kids this year, which is going to be a lot more work, but I'm up for the challenge. I'm also starting up a program for our middle school kids on Mondays, that's going to be where a lot of my energy and focus is for the next month, but I'm pretty excited about it. If you haven't guessed by now, I'm officially on staff, unfortunately it's still not a paid position and I'm still raising support. But God has a plan and I know this is where He wants me, which is so comforting!

My roommates and I just signed a 1 year lease on a house in Aurora. It's a 3 bed, 2 bath, 1 car garage with a HUGE backyard. I love it!! We are in the process of repainting, the people who lived here before had a pretty interesting taste and the walls that are white are so dingy and gross looking. I'm hoping that we will have everything repainted and decorated by the end of the month so that we can have a cook-out before the weather gets ugly. I'm moving Tyson out here during the holidays, I'm probably going to bring him back with me after Christmas! I'm so excited to have him out here.

This is my life for the most part right now! I'm making a fall resolution to do better at keeping you all updated! I feel like I make this comment about every 2 to 3 posts....

Muchos love!

No comments:

Post a Comment